Issue: No sound when playing a video from a disc using a Blu-Ray or DVD player connected through HDMI
Change the audio output on the Blu-Ray or DVD player to "PCM" or "LPCM". The location of this setting will vary depending on the manufacturer and model of your Blu-Ray or DVD player. Several examples are provided below.
- Eject the disc from the drive
- Press the Home button on the remote
- Navigate to Setup > Audio > HDMI Audio
- Select "LPCM"
- Stop playback for the video
- Press the MENU button on the remote
- Navigate to Setup > Audio Setup > Digital Output
- Select "PCM"
- On the home screen, navigate to Setup
- Select Audio Settings
- Select Digital Audio Output
- Select "PCM"
For the Sony BDP-S3700 Blu-ray player, click here for more detailed instructions.
For the Sony DVP-SR510H DVD player, click here for a guide. Search for "PCM" under HDMI SETUP > AUDIO (HDMI)
For the Netflix App on an OPS please click here for a guide on how to troubleshoot this.
- Ensure the volume on the panel is not on mute.
- Check if the cables are loose. Reconnect the HDMI cable between the panel and the Blu-Ray/DVD player.
- Swap the HDMI cable to eliminate a faulty cable.
- Test with a different device such as a computer to determine if the panel's audio is functional.
- Check the EDID setting within the panel settings, this can be found within input and output (Model version permitting)
Subscribe to our Tech Notes - Newline Tech Notes and Firmware Updates (newline-interactive.com)
For additional questions, please contact support at 833-469-9520 or submit a ticket via our portal at: Submit a ticket : Newline Technical Services (freshdesk.com)