There are several reasons a clean reinstall of Windows may need to be done, this guide should assist in the process of managing the reinstall on your device. This method is often used for troubleshooting should unexpected behavior occur.
*Please record the Windows activation code that is on the OPS unit. This will be needed later; when the process has started you may not be able to read it without taking the device out of the panel. Which will restart this process*
- Please click the blue text for which installation suits your needs: Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Once the recovery drive is created, insert it into one of the USB ports hosted on the OPS computer.
- The screen below is shown when the computer is powered on before Windows starts, tap the F11 key to bring up the boot menu:
- Should this step fail please restart or power cycle the computer. Please attempt to press F11 or F12 to access the boot menu and choose the flash drive
- Once in the BIOs menu please use the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight the USB drive (choose the one that starts with UEFI:) and press the Enter key:
- The OPS will boot from the USB drive and stop on the following screen - select your preferences and click Next:
- Click Install now:
- Enter your product key (That was recorded at the beginning of this process) that is located on the OPS, and click Next:
- Select Windows 10 or 11 Pro and click Next:
- Check the box at the bottom of the window to accept the Microsoft software license terms, and click Next:
- Click Custom:
- This step will erase all data from the OPS. If you are not ready to remove the data from the OPS, please contact your internal IT department before proceeding. When you're ready, select each partition and click Delete. Once the drive only consists of "Unallocated space", click Next.
- Once you have gotten into the Windows desktop the next step is to update the drivers you can find the most current list of drivers here.
- There is a white sticker on the OPS unit that has the model.
- These drivers are for internal PC components and are not related to the touch functionality.